Monday, May 21, 2007

Victoria Day

Hi all,

It's Monday night on the Victoria Day weekend. It's been SO good to have an extra day off and I sit here in the dark of my bedroom listening to fireworks sounding from the neighbour's property across the road. Unfortunately long weekends come to an end though. . . .

A few things to be said:

1) I owe Kara a photo of her mom and her at grad. It's coming, I promise! I just might take another week.

2) Yes, grad happened. I've got photos to prove it too, but interestingly enough, the only photo from that weekend that I have available is of one of my drawings that I picked up from Iowa to bring back home. So no people photos for your viewing pleasure this time around.

3) Trekking it back out to Iowa was some good fun. Too short for sure, but then I think any longer might have just been putting off the inevitable goodbyes. I will miss too many of you! Maybe I'll visit you all sometime. Good thing you aren't all hanging out in Sioux Center, though, because let me tell you, I've HAD IT with that drive!

4) I REALLY badly could use a road trip to anywhere right now. Too bad I have a job that makes me money. I've decided 5 years is my absolute limit with this job and 2 would be even better. . . . It's not strangling me yet, but it is a job and given that I haven't absolutely ever really liked a job I've had as of yet, the part about it being a job is enough to make me feel like changing my life dreams to being a bum on the street. . . or at least something else a little more emotionally and intelligently evocative. Hmm. Stay tuned. It will happen yet.

No comments: